Old 07-09-19, 12:08 AM
momsonherbike

Bikes: All mine are electric bikes now

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeDD
Why are there so many e-bike haters on this forum. An e-bike user cannot have a decent conversation or discussion. Why don't you live and let live. I don't bad mouth you. Get a life and get off the forum. I am.
I'd like to know why there are haters, too. Fear of change? Fear of ridicule from the younger set?

Look, we're all getting older. Our bodies aren't 20 something anymore, and regardless of those 70 year olds who crow about their ability to still ride a century...well, they're in the minority. I know too many (men and especially women) who no longer ride because it isn't fun anymore. The older the body gets, unless kept in constant training, the more it resists. And training begins to be a grind, no longer fun anymore. So people just stop riding until fun re-enters the equation.

The ebike brings back the fun. It returns the "youth", it returns the smiles, and lets the older rider (like me) remember why riding became so much a part of our lives. Heck, I'd rather see a person grinning from ear to ear riding an ebike than standing on the sidelines, just watching (as happens at every single one of the big charity rides I've attended). I feel so bad for those who relegate themselves to being a spectator, for whatever reason, when there is a door open if they would just take that step and try something that will help them ride. I've talked to so many of these former riders, and almost everyone has been very receptive and intrigued enough to ask numerous questions to judge if an ebike will get them back out on the road. Seeing some of the older crowd rocking their ebikes and e-trikes with grins and enthusiam is such a wonderful thing to observe, and spreads the smiles all around.

We're all one big family with our bikes, energized by the pedals and wheels under us, the roads open to us, the crowd comradery, the private solo rides on our own. It's not the number of miles you ride - it's the experience and the joy you get out of riding itself. To each their own, and on this forum I'd rather be giving thumbs up and waves to fellow graying haired bike riders than being judgemental on their chosen bike.

Last edited by momsonherbike; 07-09-19 at 12:14 AM.
Likes For momsonherbike: