View Single Post
Old 09-01-20, 07:30 PM
Skulking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamRider85
It seems safe to bike during the coronavirus. But are you worried about the weather and flu season? Experts suggest a twin-Demic.

I assume that covid is transmitted person to person but the flu can just be transmitted through cold weather and the air right?
The flu is a virus just like COVID-19. They are both transmitted person to person. The effectiveness of specific methods of transmission i.e. breathing on someone, or contact with contaminated surfaces will be different between the two, but neither one of them are transmitted through cold weather, and both can be transmitted through the air.

To answer the other part of your question, I'm no more worried about catching the flu from biking than I am of catching COVID-19 from biking. The risk of close contact with an infected individual while on a bike outdoors is minuscule, and if you are taking precautions such as wearing a mask and social distancing to prevent yourself from catching COVID-19, those precautions are also effective at preventing you from catching the flu.
Likes For Skulking: