View Single Post
Old 12-07-20, 03:38 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by coreylee
I legitimately laughed reading this thread, but I guess I'm not surprised to see you here also.

Okay, so in my defense, a crackhead in San Francisco really pulled a machete on me and slammed my bike against the ground front wheel first, putting a crease in the down tube. This kind of thing isn't uncommon in SF.

Secondly, building that bike up was a sort of pandemic passion project, and this harebrained deal kinda made sense in the moment, but is admittedly fanatical in hindsight. Still, let me know if it's not your cup of tea and I'll buy it off you. No matter what, another will pop up eventually, and I'll be collecting parts in the meantime.

Also, didn't know you were in the area. What'd really be a hilarious is if we ran in around Bushwick/Ridgewood.
Ha, good to see you here. I was just about to email you, but I guess things have come full circle now.

I really did/do feel bad after seeing how passionate you were about that frame. As promised, if it doesn't work out for me I will definitely let you know. In the meantime, what is your ideal size? Is it a 54, or were you just going to make that work? I have a 56 (or maybe it's a 57) Bianchi Campione D'Italia that I have been thinking about moving along.

As for Brooklyn, I rarely venture south of Greenpoint unless it's for something specific (and even then that's usually just to show up some carbon bike dudes over the Pulaski bridge). I prefer the stuff to the North into and around Astoria.
Likes For robertorolfo: