View Single Post
Old 02-05-23, 11:28 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 2,806 Times in 535 Posts
I woke up this morning and shock of shocks we had patches of blue sky and even some sunshine. My shiny bikes were fighting each other to get closest to the door in the hope of being chosen as today's bike of choice. The 753 Merckx won out, so this weekends rides have been on bikes at the green end of the color spectrum.

I've not seen it around these parts for a while, but its so nice to see that glowing orb in the sky again, and to actually feel its glow on your face.

I cut through the throngs of people out walking along the river for a quick photo opportunity.

And a bit further along I pause for a pic at the ruins of the Great Hall of Winchester Palace and its Rose window, built in the 12th century to house local Bishops it remained in use until the 17th century, when it was divided into tenements and warehouses. The ruins were rediscovered in the 19th century following a fire, and were finally revealed in the 1980s during redevelopment of the area.

I then loop up through the banking district with its more modern buildings, one of the more widely known cockney rhyming slang phrases refers to this lot, a bunch of merchant bankers

And final stop of the day for one last gratuitous bike shot....

...before heading home, which I'd describe in rhyming slang as follows, I'm in need of a Jimmy Riddle (piddle, a wee) , along the way having a bubble bath (laugh) at people stuck stationary in their jam jars (cars) rolling their mince pies (eyes). I've got me appetite going and am proper Hank Marvin (starving), so its back home, up the apples and pears (stairs) before putting up me plates of meat (feet) and enjoying a cup of Rosie Lee (tea) as I'm cream crackered (knackered). And now to sit down and spend an hour and a half shouting at my football team, the bunch of useless merchant bankers.