gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1303 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4699 Post(s)
Liked 5,853 Times in 2,303 Posts
Originally Posted by Peruano
Thanks for documenting the trip. I'm sure it will stimulate many other trips as spinoffs.
There's a few reasons I post these touring threads. One is to do just that - proselytizing bike touring, and showing that even old farts can still do it. I also like to go back and relive these tours and the thread associated with it. Lastly, I typically get a rider or two to joint from BF that I've either never met or never spent much time with. There's always a good stretch of road somewhere on a tour that side by side riding is easily done, many great conversations get shared. It's not an easy thing to do. Having to ride 70 miles in a day on a loaded touring bike and climbing some steep roads, then waking up and doing it again and again creates deep bonds with the people you're touring with. Tour a week with somebody and you'll have a friend for life.