View Single Post
Old 05-22-10, 10:04 AM
Fir

Bikes: Scott Lightflight MTB, Raleigh Sports 3 spd, Rocky Mountain Hammer, Raleigh Twenty 3 spd, Eaton's Glider 3 spd, CCM Galaxie ladies, CCM arch-frame mens missing model name, Miyata Terra Runner, numerous waggons, and various hulks begging restoratio...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It actually lays rubber

65er you are an inspiration. Usually my son invites himself into the shop while I'm desperately up to elbows in obstreperous fiddly bits and he starts rearranging precious delicate machinery with grit precipitating from the folds of his tunic until I extricate myself long enough to invite him to the designated playing zone with both hands... ah, put 'em to work, good idea

I managed to find "Kool Stop"s at LBS - most of them didn't realize they were there collecting dust on a far shelf. One style only, so I carved it with a sharp blade to fit under the fork on the front. Anything at all would fit the back. This is on my '84 Sports. The rear one appears misaligned in the photo, but under application the combination of forces [including the application pressure against tapered rim] forces it into alignment.

Wow, I never saw a Raleigh stop like that It actually lays rubber

Front:

Rear: