View Single Post
Old 01-15-22, 05:39 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4393 Post(s)
Liked 4,837 Times in 2,991 Posts
A better way to check your seat height:- with your heels on the pedals your legs should be straight at the furthest point and so then slightly bent with your feet in a normal pedalling position. But you can go a fair bit lower than this (say 5-10 mm) as being a bit lower than optimum on the seat causes a lot less problems than being a bit too high. From your photo, your saddle height looks to be in the ballpark. At 6'5" I'm not surprised that you are maxed out on the height adjustment.

Your handlebar height looks okay too, as long as you are comfortable. Casual indoor spin bike riders tend to have their bars much higher than keen road cyclists, so again I'm not surprised the woman in the video was sitting more upright. The key thing here is comfort and flexibility in your lower back. In the photo your position doesn't look overly aggressive.

I would give it a go and see how you feel after a few sessions.

Edit: One thing I would say from the photo is that it looks like you have the seat set a very long way back, presumably to get your reach to the bars comfortable. I would try moving the seat more forward and hold the bars further up at the sides.

Last edited by PeteHski; 01-15-22 at 05:49 PM.
Likes For PeteHski: