View Single Post
Old 02-26-22, 09:58 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by John N
I 55cm would work (I would switch to something like Jones H-Bar Loop). Anyway, that is why I use BikeInsights.com. It allows you to compare frame geometry side by side: https://bikeinsights.com/compare?geo...49040020299db4, You may need to play around with it a bit but I had a 56cm Americano compared to a 52cm Divide using "Align Ground". You have to reconfigure the tires sizes so both with 35mm tires for comparison. I know I can add larger tires to the Divide but wanted to see how the frames compared. I wish all manufactures would list all their bikes.
I've compared many bikes on bikeinsights. Very useful tool and can be rather eye-opening at times when one tosses away the marketing buzz and just looks at comparative geometry of various bikes. Lots of stuff has changed over the years and lots of stuff hasn't.

I'll keep an eye open and let you know if anything interesting pops up.