burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
The ZRL protocol of having you video yourself weighing yourself, then weighing some object (a weight, a gallon of water), then weighing yourself with the weight, then measuring your height all in one continuous video within 12 hours before or after your race is better than nothing, but I did a light 40 minute ride before bed last night and didn't drink as much as usual during the ride (didn't feel like I was working much) and my scales said I weighed ~1.5 lbs less this morning when I weighed myself than I did yesterday morning (drank a typical amount during the 3 laps of Whole Lotta Lava the night before), so, as you say, there is lots of room for gamesmanship. Of course, I'm a fatty, so there's a lot more room for play in my numbers (and small changes have less of an effect) than you folks with typical cyclists' bodies.
If that's the case, yeah........do an easy Z1/Z2 ride 12 hrs before with no fan.......drop 3 lbs......weigh immediately........hydrate. That's over a kilo right there.

The other thing with the weighing an object like a weight is that most home scales probably don't have a good range for small weights like a 10lb dumb bell.

Whatever. I think I know my answer now is to not pay attention to almost anything on Zwift and not nearly as much "indoors" stuff that comes across my Strava also. Just pay attention to my own progress and consistency.

This week, doing well on time in zones. Just gotta do it tonight for the harder stuff and I'll be done for the week on the harder stuff (since Monday was harder also).