Old 12-20-21, 12:29 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 2,486 Times in 1,459 Posts
If nslckevin gets slammed on Zwift racing, I am dead on arrival. My power profile is steep. I was a 400 meter runner and sold sprinter. My 20 minute power is okay but not great. I have a great standing start at the track but but but, the first couple of pedal strokes, where I generate a lot of torque, are NOT, IMO, properly captured by a traditional power meter. And probably not that valuable in Zwift mass start racing. I would need an SRM scientific or track PM to capture the faster transient, higher power which is true for others as well. And what does Zwift do with accurate transient power even if you send it to them? Smooth or average it out?

I have spent the last 10 years of racing working on generating more speed from the same amount of power. Hence, my cost of speed curve for a particular power required is low. That work is rendered meaningless on Zwift. And I have very good skills hiding in a pack and minimizing energy use. Again, not valued by Zwift.

And I am unwilling to cheat - not valued by Zwift.

Hence…DOA.

In fairness, I am DOA in some real world situations and I accept that as well but try to pick my events where I have a competitive advantage.