Old 11-25-21, 11:30 AM
Retromod 

Bikes: Nagasawa. Stratos. Panasonic.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Appreciate the reply. As much as I like the all NJS look, we have to run brakes in the UK to comply with law so for me the full njs look is already compromised. I also ride long distances and the njs bars aren’t comfortable.
Im also running the front brake adapter on the Nagasawa but it’s not as visible because I spray painted it with black etch primer. Wasn’t sure wether it would work but pleased with the result.
The Stratos was my first njs frame and I just wanted a classic look with silver components, the Ofmega cranks came free in a bargain buy. Built the wheels up with Miche track hubs and Araya rims and it rides nice.
The Panasonic is a keirin custom build from the Panasonic Ordering System. It’s a training frame built for a keirin rider for road training, as the rules for brakes in Japan are the same as UK. Hubs are Mack built into Araya rims. It’s Tange 2 tubing so slightly more robust for the roads. It’s my go to for riding our potholed roads over here.
The Nagasawa is my dream frame. I appreciate some won’t like the build, but I wanted it to be different. The stem is a Mutant and couldn’t believe it when I found it on EBay for 50. The cranks are BLB Super Pista, pretty inexpensive as cranks go but look real good. Hubs are Harmony track from the Ukraine, I built them into H Plus Son shallow rims. Finished it three weeks ago and haven’t ridden it yet. It’s getting packed into a bike box and taken to Spain, where I’ll ride it in the sun until I’m too old too ride anymore.
Ride safe all.