Old 03-20-24, 05:14 PM
Pantah

Bikes: More than I have room for.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
A lot of older road bars were 26.0mm, except Cinelli. The older steel Salsa stems that I have seen are 25.4mm for mtb flat bars.

There are road bars that are 25.4mm clamp diameter, but you would need to find one you like.

John
I measured both the Salsa stem and my current Salsa Moto Ace bars and both are 26.0 clamp diameter. Lucky me.

Originally Posted by t2p
... - but I much prefer threadless system
It's looking more and more like I'm going to take this opportunity to upgrade to threadless. I just confirmed that my existing bars and extra Salsa stem play nice together and I've got anther stem in the mail with the correct dimensions. Also ordered up the 1" spacers I'll need. All that's left is a 1" threadless headset. Turns out that's the easiest component to find so all I have to do it pick the one I like.
This does mean I'll need to pull the freshly wrapped bar tape off at least one side and remove the shifter and brake cable housing since the stem is old school and is the one pinch bolt style. One of the threadless stems I have is the newer bolt on face plate style for the bar clamp which will give me much more freedom in swapping stems later should I choose.
Likes For Pantah: