Old 09-08-21, 09:40 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Did I post this already?

I sporadically use gas engine stuff - generators (a few), wheeled leaf blower (2), weed wacker things (2, and they are 2 stroke), and a snow blower. I started the leaf blowers every... year or two years now. Generators maybe 2x a year spread apart (so spring I start them and run them a few days, then maybe in the fall once). Snow blower just in the winter. weed wacker things maybe once a year.

For gas I get regular gas and put a ton of "fuel injection cleaner". So I put a bottle of STP/GumOut/etc) meant for 20 gal of gas into 1-2 5 gallon cans.

Dry gas is ethanol, and ethanol will eat certain fuel lines. FI cleaner will get rid of moisture, will not break down like ethanol, and cleans dried gas deposits.

The fuel stabilizer stuff... anecdotally it seems like everyone that uses it has carb problems. I worked at a hardware store that sold/serviced engine stuff, and I was always taking in repairs from customers that were diligent buyers of fuel stabilizers. So I never bought any and just continued with my "FI cleaner" treatment. My method seems to work.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson