View Single Post
Old 06-19-22, 04:31 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,580 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by skookum
Marias Pass is totally not scenic, but its a reasonable ride.
Used to do a 2.5 day loop, drive from Calgary to St. Mary's, ride to a private campground near Marias Pass (can't remember its name), Have a beer at the bar in West Glacier, then ride up the road to the hiker biker campground at Lake McDonald.
Rise at dawn and ride the west side before the road closure starts. Be down in St. Mary's by early afternoon and drive home.
I haven't done it for 20 years, but Logan Pass is one of my favourite rides.

I hope the road opens soon and people have the opportunity to ride it.
I’m pretty sure we stopped at that private campground for a Coke and some water going from St. Mary to Sprague Creek. The woman in the office was really nice. Happily let us bum water. The highlight was seeing mountain goats at Goat Lick.

Once we got into the park I went ahead to make sure we got a campsite. Dropped my gear and rode to the store at the lodge for wood. The GF was so spent when she got to Sprague Creek that she couldn’t understand why there were urinals in the women’s room then realized she had walked into the men’s room.

I’ve ridden up and over west to east one and up and back down the west slope three other times. Probably my favorite ride.

Last edited by indyfabz; 06-19-22 at 04:43 PM.