Old 03-30-24, 12:55 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2035 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 1,059 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
What’s wrong with the Cannondale? Seems like a good deal at that price.
Originally Posted by KJ43
A Synapse with Ultegra Di2 for $3,800 shipped sounds like a great deal to me.
Nothing wrong with the Cannondale Synapse at all, and it is a great deal at $3,800. It is just that I already have one (see below), and so wanted to explore other options.

Originally Posted by KJ43
I have a Cannondale Synapse and love it. Mine has 105 on it but I did swap out the wheelset for a carbon wheelset and replaced the seatpost, seat, stem, and bars. I'm also planning on replacing the groupset with Di2 this year hopefully. I'd pick it over any of the options you listed (I don't want a Bianchi).
What year is yours? I love my 2016, my first road bike, and I have also replaced the same components as you did. I had to replace the derailleur cables once, and found that the internal routing was not bad, so would keep it manual shifting, in case I forget to charge the battery on my new one. But you must be the only member in this forum who does not like Bianchis!?

Originally Posted by Iride01
Anything about the fits on the Caad4 or Trek FX2 that bothered you? I'm thinking the Synapse will be similar to your FX2 for fit.
The CAAD4 is a 2001 "vintage" project bike that was inspired by the sci guy. Much to his disappointment, my build progress has been extremely lackadaisical, and so I don't know how it fits or ride yet!

The Trek FX2 is my first bike after a quarter century hiatus from cycling. I bought it using the standover method at my LBS, so it may be one size too big (56 instead of 54 like all my other bikes), but no biggie since it is my ride with family hybrid bike.

Last edited by SoSmellyAir; 03-30-24 at 12:59 PM.