View Single Post
Old 03-22-21, 06:09 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
I didn't think I had any side effects from my second one 10 days ago. I rode easy the next day and then easy again the day after that in the morning, but the second day's afternoon I tried a harder effort and got nowhere. Same for the next day. So no noticeable effects other than not being able to go above threshold for very long. Then finally I had a really, really good 1 hour ride, putting out the power I was expecting to, but that night I got some crazy heart palpitations, such that it woke me up at 3 am and lasted for about 15 minutes. Then again the next morning I had more when I tried a ride again.

I've had these in the past and have also had an ablation a couple of years ago, but haven't had palpitations so noticeable and frequent since the ablation, so I'm guessing it was a result of the vaccine and possibly trying to do a bit too much physically... I don't know, but it was super irritating. I've taken the last few days off to hopefully let my body cope a bit more. Hopefully a few days of rest and I'll be back into the swing of things on Monday.

A couple of guys I know have both reported different effects (one knocked him out for a day or two, the other was okay except he said he had no legs for a few days), but it's frustrating if you're in the midst of a solid block of training!
Originally Posted by TMonk
I haven't heard many anecdotes from other competitive cyclists. That sounds like a drag, and I hope that you're feeling well again soon.

I rode for 1.5 hrs today on the coast with some non-racer buddies. Day after the shot. I never really let loose for more than a couple minutes, but I def. wanted to hammer, which is a good sign. In the morning ~22 hrs after the shot, I was still a bit fatigued and achy, but not too bad.

At this point I want to do a similar ride tomorrow. Off Monday. Openers (on Zwift) Tuesday, and hopefully I should be ready to smash an FTP test on Wednesday. I certainly would under normal circumstances, and I think that I will at this point, but we'll see.
I got my first shot on Wednesday night. On Thursday, I felt absolutely fine, but on Friday, everything fell apart. I just felt exhausted and off balance. I skipped my workout. Saturday, I felt better, but I had no snap in my legs. Same with yesterday. I was trying to do an easy ride, but anything up hill just sucked, and my legs ached all night. Either I'm incredibly fatigued from the block of training or it's a side effect to the vaccine.

But I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one experiencing weird side effects.