Old 06-07-21, 10:28 AM
Andy Somnifac 

Bikes: Too many.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by GBK233
I def didn’t CHOOSE tubeless…it just so happened to come with the bike.
You can still run tubes in a tubeless tire/rim scenario. So, you had a choice to go one way or the other.

Safe to assume that a tubeless tire can only be seated with CO2 during a roadside flat? When I put sealant in at the house….I slowly/easily rolled the bike across the room to spread the sealant(per a video I saw)…and even that easy rolling broke the beads. I don’t want would assume that the beads would def break during a flat while riding….and I can’t imagine trying to plug etc a tubeless and reinflate without CO2(which I don’t have).
If the bead needs to be reseated, you're not going to do it with a frame pump. But carrying CO2 seems like a no-brainer in either case. I'll take CO2 while out on the road 100% of the time. Cartridges are small and easy to store. 2-3 easily fit into my small saddle bag with a CO2 inflator head, a tube, levers, stick-on patches (for emergency use only), and a multi-tool.

if when I upgrade the tires…I’ll def be considering a tubed tire over the tubeless. Am I correct in thinking that I can simply add tubes the Fonda tires and no longer run them tubeless?
That's certainly an option. A lightweight tire and tube combo could potentially even save a small amount of weight (thanks to a lighter weight bead on the tire) over tubeless. The tradeoff being potentially more flats (depending on what sort of roads/terrain/conditions you ride in) and/or comfort (depending on what pressures you run them at).