Old 06-11-21, 12:32 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8281 Post(s)
Liked 9,048 Times in 4,478 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I had a boss that expected us to be in before him and leave after him. Amazingly, Fridays were the only days he worked late.

He was not a good manager.
I had 11 different service managers in the 21 years I spent at my last dealership. They ranged from apathetic do-nothings to micro managing morons to I'll be your buddy to arrogant pricks who think they are awesome. Most of them just left me alone but one of the micro managers wanted me to start coming in on Saturdays. No way, I told him. I'm not giving up my Saturday club rides for this job.

He tried to pit the other tune-up guy against me but that guy hated him so much he eventually quit, as did half of the crew and all of the service advisors. He then hired another tune-up guy to try and force me to bend to his will, but the one he hired was inept. I decided to stay on just to see how far he would take it. One day he told me if I didn't start working Saturdays he was going to fire me. "F it, fire me" I told him. He didn't. I put up with his crap for 2 years before the new general manager fired his ass. Finally.

I worked at another dealer where we had 6 managers in 3 years. It was crazy, like the wild west. Thieving and warranty fraud, you name it.
I worked at another dealer for 3 weeks. They had a huge turnover of technicians, like over 200 in a few years. There was a clique of techs who got all the good work and treatment and new guys were like an outsider. I didn't get enough work and the stream of guys who had gone through there had stolen all the books, all the special tools, and some of the shop equipment.
Likes For big john: