View Single Post
Old 07-01-21, 02:23 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6972 Post(s)
Liked 10,968 Times in 4,692 Posts
I have the same Lezyne computer as you, and wanted to make a switch last year. Started with the Garmin 530, and it was a bloody nightmare. Setting up the screens and other configurations was incredibly confusing… I think I made at least three calls to their customer service for assistance. (Note this was my first experience in their ecosystem.) Then the damn thing started disconnecting itself from the Bluetooth connection every single time I used it. So, every time I wanted to upload a ride I would have to reestablish the Bluetooth connections – between the computer and my phone, and also in the Garmin app. No way was I going to deal with that. So it got returned.

Then I bought a Wahoo Roam, had it configured and up and running in 20 minutes, It worked like a champ for six weeks. Then it simply stopped taking a charge. I was kind of disgusted at this point, so I just returned it and got a refund. I’ve been happily using my Lezyne computer ever since.

When I do try a new one again, it will be a Wahoo. No way will I touch another Garmin. But if you’re gonna go with it, get the 830 with the touchscreen - it’ll make the initial configuration that much easier by saving you from pushing 1 million buttons.

One other piece of advice: buy from REI in case you need to return your first choice.
Likes For Koyote: