View Single Post
Old 10-18-10, 07:57 AM
colleen c
I am a caffine girl

Bikes: 2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp...2010 Scott CR1 CF...2007 Novara FS Float2.0...2009 Specialized Hardrock Disc...2009 Schwinn Le Tour GSr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Trying not to open a new can of worms here, but my couriosity got the better of me. One thing that very seldom get mention in threads like this is the choice of carrying a Taser. Why is that? Cost?

I carry a C2 taser that does not ressemble a gun or firearm unlike the M26C or X26C. I have it expose accidently at times on my waist and folks on the train don't flinch or panic. My second backup unit is in a more concealment holster. I can walk with it in my palm and not many folks will know what it is. It is great for a single attacker or two if you carry two unit. For any additional person, you can still have the option of Pepper spray for the rest.

Please don't get me wrong in thinking I am anti-gun and all that other crap. My ex boyfriend used to be a gun fanatic and taught me to shoot DA, SA semi Auto, revolver, 45, 40, 9, 357, and 44(ouch). He also talk me to shoot 30-06(ouch to my shoulder), 5.56, buck and 1.25 oz slugs (double ouch). Still, even with all that practice etc, I would be very hesitant to shoot someone unless it is beyond all reasonable doubts. By that time it will be too late anyway. I think.

The thought of the use of my Taser is different knowing that I won't be harming any one permanently except with that slight chance as with any other non lethal self defense weapon. I find it much more comfy to know that I can give one warning and use the taser rather than wait till it is absolutely needed as with the case of a lethal firearm. Then off course there is always that surprise where they already pull a gun on you before you even saw them, but in that case, it too late for anything but just give them what they want and hopefully to walk away counting your blessing.

Edit:
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
When my son was a small child, we would often take the train to visit my parents in the East Bay. The train lets off in a slightly rough area of Hayward. We would ride the 6 miles to my parents' house on a Whymcycle (scooter with the rear hub eccentric), which makes one look like a bunny rabbit. People would literally stop in mid-drug-deal to point and laugh. That was much safer than cycling in the suburbs.
I think I know exactly where you are talking about here. I had a friend where a bunch of guys used to piss in beer bottle and throw it at them west of the train station passed the underpass. Horrible area.

Last edited by colleen c; 10-18-10 at 08:05 AM.