Old 10-01-20, 02:41 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Based on our experience, and other accounts, I think there’s a disconnect between Hope’s technical reps, and their legal department.
Maybe. I have been back and forth between Europe and US for the last 6 years...and I have had a few issues come up which were clearly warranty issues, and even the manufacturers agreed, but because I bought the component in one place and I was initiating the warranty in another, their legal people essentially said, no dice...the warranty is different in different countries/regions. My guess is that as others have said Hope hasn't certified the brakes for tandem use in the US, and therefore will not warrant them, even though they know they work because they've done so in Europe. Also, in the US, because warranty issues fall down to state law, if you read warranty information, there are often different rules depending on the state you are in. I'd guess the issue is how warranties are extended and enforced.