Old 06-25-21, 08:12 AM
redcon1

Bikes: Focus Arriba, Specialized Roubaix Expert, Bianchi Impulso Allroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
So, the need for a movable steerer=countersteering is the method in which it is employed? That's a complete non sequitur.

When I lean into a turn, my wheel turns into the direction of the lean, not against it. That's not evidence of countersteering, just steering into a turn.

Weight shifts initiate countersteering is a contradiction in terms, btw, so your last statement is total nonsense.

Yes, handlebars play a role in steering, nobody is stupid enough to assert otherwise. The question is whether countersteering is what they're used for.. And if it is, what exactly does that mean for stem length, which is the topic of the thread.

Motorcycles have absolutely no relevance here, btw. Weight, speed, position and motion of the riders are completely different from bicycles. I'm not watching any video on how to turn a motorcycle because I have no reason to care.
Patiently waiting for you to complete the experiment I described and report back results. Until then, I suggest you study the others who have actually researched the topic-- and please report back here. The motorcycle studies by Code or others are relevant only that they have similar physical properties to a bicycle-- i.e. 2 wheels and a moveable steering mechanism. Your opinion and experience have little relevance to the actual physics/dynamics of bicycle steering and handling.... and are total nonsense.