Old 09-12-22, 06:38 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
I don't care much about how other people get to work. Sure, more cyclists mean more political pull for more bike infrastructure, and it would lessen the impact on the environment (but to what degree and to what effect is debatable). However riding to work on crowded bike infrastructure would be just as frustrating as driving on crowded motor vehicle infrastructure. And crawling along in stop-and-go urban cycling gridlock would not provide much in the way of a cardio workout.

You know how the MUPS get stupid-crowded on warm-weather weekends...imagine dealing with that on the way to work every day.

And then there's all the logistical issues mentioned elsewhere above (bike, parking, changing, etc.).

One more point...a brisk 30-minute walk to work and back home is healthier than a 10-minute bike ride.

I understand the joy, pleasure and satisfaction of commuting year-round, and the desire to share that with others, and the desire to protect the environment while making a city or town less crowded by vehicles, but I am now entering the old-crumudgeon phase of life and I really don't care what others do or think of me.

Just don't rob me of my beautiful bike commute.
Likes For BobbyG: