View Single Post
Old 09-15-22, 09:37 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Was browsing the wreckage of this train derailment when I came across this bit of nonsense posted by some ignorant whatever .....
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I take heart in hoping that as these folks get older they will use their universal expertise to guide their health care decisions and ..... self-solving problem.

Darwin those puppies .... or rather, let them Darwin themselves.
@genejockey replied---
Originally Posted by genejockey
Generally, by that point they've already made any lasting contributions to the gene pool, so Darwin isn't involved anymore.
Which got me thinking ..... "What we have here .... is failure to communicate."

To "Darwin" someone or to let someone "Darwin" themselves ... means to let those folks end their own lives through natural stupidity. It has nothing to do with Dr. Darwin's controversial views on heredity.

I should have made an immediate correction.

Indeed, once past breeding age those folks no longer affect the gene pool directly. On the other hand, they continue to spout their spurious "wisdom" to succeeding generations. That is why we should thank them for self-removal.