Old 07-03-09, 07:07 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenkayak
Hello WNC I wish I could get that kind of regimented training/my focus isnt good and even worse now that im older but im doing as well as I ever have so Adversity may breed contempt but in my case a little determination as well.Ill be drawing inspiration from you and the other dedicated training rider's Im sure there are many other bikers that are inspired as well./Kenneth
Well thanks! I'm really small potatoes compared to some of the 50+ members here. I had a coach for 4 years but had to back off the last couple seasons because family life just became a conflict with training. We've all been there I'm sure. I know what needs to be done though from prior experience so I try to maintain some sort of structure. Unfortunately I lack a little bit of discipline which a coach would really help overcome. I don't race so really it's a long haul sort of thing for me. I'm happy if I can postpone the aging process one day at a time.

I have a hilly 70 mile ride early in the morning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!