Old 04-21-21, 11:11 PM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehuangsd
Y'all want to argue economics of a bike that is 80% as 'good' as bikes that currently cost 3x-5x as much...

I just get excited when I see a good value, and this is a ton of bike, with current geometry and mostly-current components...
80%? Try more like 50%, or even less. That bike is garbage. The best component on it is the Rear Derailleur. If you intend on riding it a few times a year, it’s a good value. If you intend on riding it daily, you’d be doing a lot of maintenance. These bikes have one low end name brand component hung off it and they seem it based on that, the rest of it is as cheaply sourced as they can find...how do you think they get to that price point?

Buy nice, or buy twice or three or four....

I’m not saying people should only buy high end bikes, but buying cheaply made bikes, assembled by a guy at a big box store who was building dressers for display yesterday and is stocking melamine in the kitchen aisle tomorrow is not smart.