View Single Post
Old 07-03-21, 07:00 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
A man riding a bicycle was killed a few months back. The driver who killed him was traveling south on Boulevard Papineau. He told police he lost control of his vehicle and crossed Boulevard Saint-Joseph. Witnesses say the car rolled over several times before hitting Maxime Levesque, a 33 year old Frenchman. The car also struck a tree which is visibly damaged and the driver was himself severely injured and taken to the hospital in critical condition.

I know the area Papineau is a very busy road and the speed limit is 40 km/h (25 mph). It's pretty obvious the driver was speeding if he lost control, flipped his car and ended up seriously injuring himself in a collision with a tree with no other cars involved.

The accident happened at 10:50 am. At that time cars are allowed to park in the right lane. So there is only one lane of traffic in each direction. But there is a no stopping zone at the end of the block and a bus stop. Aggressive drivers often use this bit of right lane to pass. That is probably what happened. The driver of the SUV used the right lane to run the light and struck the cyclist who was riding on the right shoulder.

Here is the exact location of the "accident" on Google maps. The tree where Mr. Levesque's body was covered by a tarp is almost 200 feet past the intersection where the driver says he lost control. .

As I was looking at pictures from different news outlets I noticed that next to the car is a second yellow tarp. There is a big yellow tarp on the sidewalk. In the video you can see first responders holding up more tarps as the dead man's body is removed. But next to the driver's door is a smaller tarp that is also removed in later pictures.

Unfortunately the police and the media provide very little information. I haven't heard about any charges being laid against the maniac driver.

Likes For homeless in ca.: