Old 07-06-21, 07:21 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Since watched pots never boil (aka waiting for my decal order to arrive), it was off to buy a pipe cutter for my Innicycle 'steerer', because nothing says logic like buying a Park Tool steerer cutter online and waiting days to get it. Or taking it to a bike shop and hoping they have one, because any shlub can cut a tube with a hack saw, including me. So I got to the cutting of the 'steerer' and now have a tool I can use for future home jobs or meth-driven copper pipe extractions... The cut was precise, and it may have been better to have it sawed--it certainly would have been a lot faster--but I got it done and things filed nice and square. I took off 11mm of length, and it looks a lot better!

Gorilla Glue for the very original (and imperfect) head badge, now properly vertically centered. Taped just to hold it--like it needed it.

The black edges of the head badge were showing the metal below, so I touched them up. A lot cleaner.

Looking really good now, I must say. Even barely "advanced" since last time, the proportion of the steerer/stem is dialed and the mounted head badge starts to put some 'personality' (and color) to the frameset.
Likes For RiddleOfSteel: