cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Umm, there's no chance of Bernal coming back in time for the Giro or the Tour, and it would be something of a miracle if he could be competitive in the Vuelta. I think we'll all be super-happy for him if he' competitive in 2023.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ega...y-as-possible/
Similarly MVDP is a total question mark at this time. it's not even clear he can train. https://cyclingmagazine.ca/sections/...poel-training/
Swap in Quintana. He's shown surprisingly great form early.
Where's Roglic?
The Bros. Yates
Angel Lopez
Vingegaard
Sepp Kuss
Also, you don't have any sprinters on your list. Bennett, Ewan, Cavendish, Philipsen, Merlier, Jakobsen, Groenewegen, Viviani.
More will come to mind the moment I hit "submit"
WOW, News to me about Bernal... 6 weeks of being solely into the Winter sports broadcasts and Olympics (other than CX events...) sure has me catchin up !
nasty crash! wish him well and as full a recovery as possible - he joins the ranks of Froome and others who've gone down that road.
I knew about MVDP's surgery, and expect he'll be back in full swing by summer...
Yeah, should add Vingegaard & Sepp Kuss
and Bettiol !
certainly there are all those riders, like Roglic - and who was that guy who just stopped riding in the Vuelta with a hissy fit ?
they're an important part of the story and not ignored...

WOW, I don;t have any sprinters on my list ??? LOL!
Even though prolly 90% of races end with a field sprint, I try to avoid paying attention to any races which have the sole important and possibly interesting action in the last 1.5 Km.
There will be sprints and there will be sprinters, yawn
I like stories, novels, a span of time and events - 250 m is not that.
Sprints from guys who have suffered for 100+ km - epic.

Ride On
Yuri

EDIT: and then there's Joao Almeida, and the Ukranian Mark Padun...... lotta talent out there

Last edited by cyclezen; 02-22-22 at 11:50 PM.