Old 06-18-22, 09:29 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by TiHabanero
After 40 years of running Campy NR or Suntour Cyclone on my bikes I went for the Campy 11 speed Record when I got my first titanium frame and have experienced bliss ever since. Love the stuff, always have and always will. Nope, it ain't the low cost leader and does not want to be in that category. When set up properly it works flawlessly, however some folks struggle with the install and setup of the shifting components.
Shifts are crisp and solid, not vague at all. Just recently I transferred the group set to a different frame and as usual it works perfectly, and I dare say just a bit better than the last bike it was on!
I seriously like electronic shifting, however if it ain't wireless I have zero interest in it as it makes no sense running wires around, may as well stick with a cable system. Eventually Shimano and Campy will come on board with full wireless shifting like Sram, and that is when I will set a bike up with wireless shifting.
FWIW the Sram wireless shifting sets up super easy and quick, does not have junction box issues 'cause there ain't no wires, and works flawlessly. I'm just not a fan of Sram components.
in exactly the same boat - I’m hoping that Campag come up with at least a Shimano-esque semi-wireless system, but full wireless would be ideal