View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 01:35 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1607 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
@road195 - others who use them should chime in. I have used a couple of different toe clips, Specialized, Christophe, Campagnolo, doesn't really matter. they come/came in three sizes, s/m/l.
Straps need to be leather to keep them from slipping in the "buckle." Nylon or plastic types, even woven, will slip.
That slotted plastic piece is called a cleat. They can still be found with a little searching if you want to use them. The whole configuration set is a bit challenging for riding on the road, or I should say commuting. Long distance is fine. It is the issue of removing your shoe.
As far as shoes go, look in C&V for threads on the topic. There are several and you can save a lot of time by finding them and then deciding what to do.

Personally, I use Look Keo on all my bikes, with one exception. The Colnago keeps the pedals, cage and straps. A lot less hassle from my point of view. I need to pay attention to the traffic scenarios while riding. I don't want to make a move with my foot and forget what I am wearing and how I am attached to the bike!
P1000188
on Flickr

Last edited by SJX426; 06-16-21 at 01:39 PM.