Old 07-12-21, 08:37 PM
Steve_sr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
All proprietary parts but far more durable then most hubs. Failures are incredibly few and far between and the only ones I've seen were flange failures that were more likely due to improper wheel builds. Never heard of the freehub mechanism failing. The freehub as a seal at the drive end that keeps the roller bearings clean and there's an O-ring, a plastic seal and the cartridge bearing which has a robust seal at the hub end.

Just as good as CK or WI, only problem is they cost as much as CK or WI and don't come in nearly as many colors. They use a similar design, though not exactly the same as CK, for the freehub which doesn't use pawls. The design allows for fast engagement that won't slip ever. They had some issues with bearings early on and they didn't offer as many engagement points until much more recently being more road oriented at the beginning. I think these ended up being turn offs not to mention, the lack of colors at boutique pricing. Find a pair on sale and you won't go wrong with them.
Thanks for the input. At this time I am probably leaning towards the WI hubs. They look like they are a robust but simpler design that uses standard bearings and parts like an o-ring freehub seal that could be easily replaced if needed.