Old 03-28-22, 12:06 PM
blinky

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Telkwa
I cannot get the tire bead off the rim. Tried clamps, figuring if I squeezed the tire into the middle it'd pop off the rim shoulder. Nope. Tried tire levers and other tools. Could get a tiny amount of separation between rim and tire but that was it. Didn't want to deform the rim or damage the tire so I just stopped.
It's not you , I had the same issue with a couple of Vittoria's that I got online and were described as "clincher" tires - I called the online store and they said a "clincher" by definition has to have a tube - whereas tubeless tires can run with or without - they said these tires just happen to have thicker side walls making the dismount a bit harder.
I tried everything as well and ended up bringing them to the LBS - the mechanic said it was tough but he eventually had success - I always used Michelin Pro Race and will go back to them - I also have removed lots of tires but these were ridiculous - my personal feeling is that they were manufactured to be used with or without a tube .