View Single Post
Old 01-17-20, 09:59 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by wipekitty
I've been liking the Bryton Rider 10. With over 10,000 miles on the thing, it still holds a charge and measures speed, distance, and elevation about as accurately as the expensive computers. It's ~$60, and compatible with cadence and heart rate sensors if you ever wanted to go that route. It's pretty simple to move between bikes.

Has anybody tried the Wahoo ELEMNT Mini? That looks like an interesting option as well, for ~$50 on Amazon.
Yes. Works fine, but requires a smart phone to pair for GPS functions. Which makes it a nogo for the OP?

And no mapping. (Or breadcrumbs.) Can't tell if that's important, or not.

Coincell battery (Versus rechargable), but good for a couple hundred hours though.

And no backlight. (Versus no backlight.)

But comes with one speed sensor. (Versus none.)

And no power, which for most people is fine, and was for me until PT wanted me to use power on the stand while I was recovering, so "upgraded" to an ELEMNT Bolt. (I haven't used power since I stopped doing the PT sessions on the stand.) Which doesn't require pairing, but is out of price range?

Two last finallies.

One, the low-end wireless bike computers and the low-end wired bike computers generally share the works great until they don't problem. I wouldn't expect a low-end wireless bike computer to last longer than a low-end wired bike computers.

Two, there's a whole subforum Electronics, Lighting, and Gadgets. Which not only has an Oxford comma, but might even have people there who have specific experience with the Lezyne Macro Easy GPS.

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 01-17-20 at 04:49 PM.