Old 05-23-22, 06:35 AM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Maybe, but this isn't even close to that level of "prudence". This was an uncrowded road with a wide-open second lane. If people don't do it here, how is that " false sense of entitlement " ever going to change?
OP already showed us the best way to change the way motorists treat us and that is having cameras on our bike and report reckless driving behavior such as close passes. We just need a lot more riders doing it and hoping that law enforcement will take these reports seriously and act on them in a timely manner.

I also ride in the middle of the car lane if applicable (like in the OP's video). But if I see a driver behind me isn't slowing down and intending to make a close pass in my lane, I move aside. I just don't feel safe standing my ground against reckless drivers. If anything went wrong, I'll be the one ending up on ER with broken bones if I'm lucky to be alive. I also move aside if driver behind sounded their horn when they're about to pass.

I have helmet mirror and frequently watch my back for any approaching driver and take evasive action if necessary. Rear view mirror makes a huge difference in safety.

Last edited by koala logs; 05-23-22 at 06:46 AM.