View Single Post
Old 01-14-08, 02:36 PM
Consularrider

Bikes: Surly Pugsley, Jamis Renegade, Kona Rove, Salsa Pistola, Raleigh M60, Raleigh Sport Touring Team USA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where I live: dense suburban area of N Virginia across from DC. The county has both bike lanes and MUPs near where I live. In fact, a major element of our house purchase was based on access to these facilities. Most of the streets can also be used for through streets to avoid cycling on major arteries.

Where I work: a more urban part of the same area located just two blocks from a junction of three MUPs, but with heavily traveled streets.

How I ride: I've been back on my bike now for two and a half years after irregular riding for the previous 15 years. I now ride for both commuting and pleasure. I have an old rigid MTB and old 12 speed road bike. I commute almost exclusively on MUPs using my MTB in my current job. However, there are some days when I have to also ride on suburban streets when I go to our training center. Currently for my pleasure riding I am riding the MUPs mostly with my road bike. These rides so far have all been solo. I intend to hook up with club rides as the year progresses. I have ridden regularly in several other large cities (Atanta, Mexico City, London, Cd Juarez (Mexico), and Madrid. In some I commuted irregularly and in others the rides were for pleasure on weekends an holidays. When I first started riding for pleasure, I was in a college town and enjoyed getting out on the hilly rural roads of the area.