Old 07-27-12, 12:24 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by mcafiero
Nat's sprints. Disappointed in my 200 I don't know why I can't stay in the sprinters lane for that. Extremely annoying. Got matched with the returning champ and gave him a fight but lost. Then was in a 3-up with Carleton and another guy. Lost that too but it was the most fun I had all day. Carleton is a machine. I can hear the rumble of his bike right begind me and when things got fast I was amazed at how quick he actually is. Great meeting you Carleton. For my first year doing this, I was just happy to be able to participate.
It was cool meeting you, too. Thanks for the compliment. Don't forget to mention how you beat me in the 2-up sprint in the repechage.

On a related note. I really think the sprints are run TOO DAMN FAST. We really don't have enough time to recover. I had this problem last year and this year.

In one match up, right after 2 guys finished, the anouncer said, "We'll give them 10 minutes and have them up here again for the second round." I wasn't sure if he was just using the phrase as in "about 10 minutes" or being serious because they wanted to finish the session quickly. I know that 10 minutes after each of my races I was still laid out on the tarmac trying to catch my breath and wishing that my legs would just fall off already.

Originally Posted by Flatballer
Not a great night. About ten of us. Last in the flying lap, 250 was 18.9 or something. I just don't have any legs tonight. I'm in a big hole at the moment. Last in miss and out. 5th or something in Scratch, 4th in Points. Legs got better as the night went on (or everyone else got slower), but I just didn't have much to begin with. Definitely need some time off to recover out of this hole.
Sounds like you know what to do.