View Single Post
Old 02-20-20, 12:51 PM
NHmtb

Bikes: '01 Klein Quantum, '91 GT Zaskar, '70s Di Lorenzo, '74 Gitane Champion du Monde, '50s Steyr Klunker, Cannondale Singlespeed

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
I'm 32, and just had this begin for me. Never had it before over many years of riding and several shoes. I asked my girlfriend about it - she's a physical therapist, and she thought the culprit might be the sciatic nerve, impacted from sitting on the saddle. I'm not sold on this explanation, but might be something to consider. In any case, I second what others have said - try loosening the shoes, and then different shoes. Also it sounds like you have a boa system or something like that. Sometimes old school laces, or another closure system that allows more variability for tight and loose areas, rather than the boa system which applies the same pressure across the whole area, can help.
I still haven't gotten my numb toes figured out - I've loosened the shoes, and its improved but isn't perfect. Next steps for me are: adjust the saddle and bars for better position of the back/sciatic nerve. I also got back on the yoga mat this week, so we will see how the rides go this week. Last attempt will be new shoes, but I'm not there yet.
Hope you get this solved, and good luck. Let us know if you come upon a solution

Last edited by NHmtb; 02-20-20 at 01:00 PM.
Likes For NHmtb: