Old 06-16-20, 08:01 AM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1087 Post(s)
Liked 862 Times in 490 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Garmin 235 basic running watch. It's been with me for about the last 6000 miles. Speed, average speed, elevation, elevation gain, and it easily connects to an external heart rate monitor and cadence dongle which I use sparingly.

It has smart watch features but I disabled them, I find that pretty annoying.

I use it cross country skiing as well. My wife takes it running, so Strava thinks I am a runner.

The model I have would not connect to a power meter. It also doesn't have maps. Garmin and Suunto have options for that if you need it.

My handlebar is clean. I'm not inundated with data but it's easy to glance if I need it, fun to look at when I get home. I get 12 hours on full GPS mode. I usually leave my phone at home.

My only complaint is that when just using it as a watch, I frequently accidentally push buttons. Never happens on rides though. I've been wearing my Raymond Weil off the bike lately, kind of nice to go analog once in a while.

I did forget my watch the other day. I just turned on Strava on my phone and stuck it in my pocket. It worked great if you can handle no feedback until the ride is over.