View Single Post
Old 07-08-21, 09:07 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted Noiz
Aye, and for sure. I'm a big, burly kettlebell & mace swinging bastard. I drive my Pug hurling through time and space like a madman. Bike and driver weigh nearly three hundred pounds altogether. Eight speed Shimano hub, heavy duty spokes, fattest tires I can fit on the bike... I never break down. I roll on and on to my heart's content. Bodyweight and bike weight = momentum. On asphalt and pavement my knobby tires sound like a swarm of angry wasps coming up on the walkers and joggers. They jump out of the way as though they're getting stung.

It always surprises me to see how many lightweights just can't keep up with me. They put all this time and effort into this lightweight bike and clothing and the whole bit, but they aren't built strong enough physically and they just peter out after a little while. I think what has a lot to do with people obsessed with lightweight everything is they don't want to put the work in and get stronger and more capable, so they rely on a light bike; they want what everyone else has, afraid to be different; gotta have the latest gear; they like to LOOK pro; mass marketing gets their hooks in them, etc. I do what I want to do and don't care what others think.
Hmmmm...Pretty broad paint brush you have there.