Old 07-23-21, 08:49 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
I have the Gravel H and like them- they’re good enough on dry Texas dirt and also work well on pavement, and especially rough pavement. I was ready to swap them for the new Zipps, since they seem to get lots of little sealed punctures and that made me nervous… but then before I made the swap, the rear took a construction screw and got me home, albeit noisily. It sealed once I removed the screw and pumped it a few times, but swapped that to the Zipp anyway. May not have needed to, and leaving the front on until something happens. Great tires, and the RR tests well.

Mine are the 700x40s though, FWIW.
I ordered both the Gravel H and the Gravel Ms because they weren't in stock anywhere so when I finally found them in stock I figured why not get both and see what happens.

I installed the Gravel Hs with tubes first because it'll be easier to swap them out. Yeah they definitely feel fast. My average speed on Wednesday night's ride was a bit higher than normal but it's hard to say how much of that is the route (that particular route is less hilly and usually faster); new bike watts, or the new tires, or a combination.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the Gravel Ms. Maybe save them for winter.