View Single Post
Old 09-29-06, 10:48 PM
here and there

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have problems with my hands as well and I went through riser bars, trekking bars, and finally settled on albatross bars. Combined with an adjustable stem raised almost straight up I have no more pain in my hands. The ride is fairly upright, but I can still lean forward comfortably to avoid sitting straight up and there is little pressure on my hands. I plan on putting albatross or north road bars on any future bike I have. Here's a pic of my setup: http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...gAnch=imgAnch1

Moving your bars towards you will help you get more bend in your elbows without having to lean forward so much. Get an adjustable stem to go along with your north road bars. You should be able to dial in a better fit that way.

Oh and that losing strength in your hand isn't lame...it's very annoying! I went through the same problems after I injured my hand at work a few years ago. I was having trouble locking the door, holding a cup of yogurt, writing, etc. Ugh. It was very annoying and extremely frustrating.

Last edited by here and there; 09-29-06 at 10:53 PM.