Old 09-30-06, 12:54 AM
wild animals
Real Human Being

Bikes: Sleeping Beauty: 2008 Jamis Aurora

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
yeah, im a woman. i am about 68" tall and have about a 33" inseam (to the floor) and i think i've read that a lot of men are taller than i am with a shorter inseam. it's too bad women's bikes are stupid colors and/or have step-through frames. ick.

i just adjusted my saddle so it's a centimeter or so further back, because it wasn't really centered on the rails. but i didn't adjust it to change the reach; i adjusted it because i originally put it on with no idea where it was supposed to go gonna try it this way for awhile and see how my knees feel.

so for the final verdict, knowing what you know, do you think the best idea is to try a new stem and/or handlebars? (maybe get one, then the other if the first one doesn't fix it.) is the men's frame a huge problem in your opinion?

for anybody who knows about this stuff: do you know of an adjustable stem with a long quill, thats made for threaded forks?

thank you!

(oh ps: i've been up since 5:30 and i only had like 5-6 hours of sleep last night so if any of this is incoherent i can safely say that that is why! i gotta go to bed now.)

Last edited by wild animals; 09-30-06 at 01:17 AM.