View Single Post
Old 07-17-21, 12:24 PM
Smokinapankake

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked 682 Times in 261 Posts
Something Wicked this way comes!

So I was at my bike collective yesterday yapping with my guy JP about old bikes and asked if he might have anything interesting in the back room. He said “I might have something you’d be interested in” and directed my gaze to this ugly, beat up old school bus yellow MTB.

I mean, what a piece of junk, right? Missing wheels and a seatpost/ seat, it couldn’t be worth more than $20, right?

When I sent that picture to my wife she asked if it was my size. I knew then I was in the clear, a deal was struck, and after an 18 year hiatus, I am now a two time owner of a Fat City Cycles Wicked Fat Chance! The first Wicked I found was at a Salvation Army thrift; paid $40 for it but it was too small for me so I sold it on the bay of E for a 10X profit. I paid more this time but it is my size and I don’t see it going on the auction block any time soon.

Pics anyone?

As found - pretty rough

Seatstay web

Bullet shaped tube ends

Somerville MA manufacture

Down tube gusset

Press fit BB

Press fit BB

The collective was kind enough to throw in a seatpost, matching yellow seat, and what I thought at the time was a more appropriate stem than the Answer ATac stem that’s on it now. I love my bike collective!

I’ll use this thread to document my progress…
stay tuned for more!