Old 08-10-21, 09:14 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by cmh
Strained my hamstring pretty badly a week ago waterskiing. I'm an intermediate waterskier at best and we were skiing behind a neighbors jetski. I towed my 15 yr old around in the morning and the jetski display was set to kph. So, later that day when we were getting ready to ski I told my son once I'm up to go ~35kph, 40 at the fastest. Turns out my neighbor had changed the display to mph, so when I got up, my son immediately ramped it up to 35mph. I yelled 'slower' and before I could even let go I tumbled at 35mph and hurt my right hamstring pretty badly. Pain was pretty intense if I tried bending forward at all - I can normally touch my toes and couldn't touch my knees with my right leg straight. I went to an orthopedic and they diagnosed at as a bad strain, but not a tear or rupture. I was given rehab stretches and strength exercises and have been icing it regularly, and it is getting slightly better. My road race season is done (only 1 crit and weeknight races left anyway), and I'm just hoping I'm healed for CX in a month. Riding easy doesn't seem to hurt it, but I think dismounts/mounts and runups will be a no-go for at least a few weeks if not more.
Good lord, that's not something you'd normally check. Heal up well.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson