Thread: Steel
View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 05:01 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Recycled Cycler
I've not ridden much in the last 6 years, and when I went looking for a good used bike this summer I was focusing on Ti. I had a Seven Cycles Ti road bike about 13 years ago and loved it. Anyway, I could not find a Ti bike that fit me, and ended up buying an Indy Fab steel Crown Jewel Factory Lightweight. Very close to what the Seven Ti felt like. Great riding steel bike.
Those IF bikes are very nice bikes, I'm talking top of the food chain nice. You found one of those used you probably got a good price on it. Is that IF bike a maroon color with gold colored accents, stem, headset, etc?

Steel is close to the feel of TI, but all my steel bikes, except for my touring bike, are all race geometry, so they tend to be stiff, the TI bike I have is more of a sport geometry, sort of in between a race and a touring bike, but leaning a bit more towards race than touring when I compare it to my other bikes.