Old 02-06-23, 11:15 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,099 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
This subject always gets so heated among some of the people of my advanced age in part because us not-stretchy people had to suffer through seeming endless routines of painful cold muscle stretching at the hands of teachers and coaches who warned of dire events if we did not, and came to find out later we weren't actually doing ourselves any good with this mild form of torture.

It's such a subjective topic--some people feel miserable if they don't do it, some of us feel miserable when we do. Ultimately, we might as well be arguing about what is the best shoe size.
Even as a ute, I have always tended to be a bit more flexible than others my age (but not to freakish extremes), and my body tends to like stretching which I still do on a semi-regular basis when I'm feeling uncomfortable tightness. At 54yo, I can still bend over and put my palms flat on the floor. This is just how I'm built.