View Single Post
Old 08-17-21, 12:03 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by BruceH
GhostRider that's an amazing feat! The coastline of Brittany is crazy! Got to ask, how long did that take? Must have been some incredible moments. I did Seattle to SF about 30 yrs ago and did something similar - was going to see every lighthouse from WA to CA. I got mid-way into OR and quit the lighthouses, just too much for me and I was running out of time. I'm pretty intrigued with the area south of Vannes and around Nantes. Some claim it has a special micro climate and during winter can have as many sunny days as Nice - but I don't believe it!
I was young. I started in London and went South and then thru Wales into the tip of Scotland and it was so cold there in early May, so, I said screw that and went to France. It was several weeks to do the coast. I camped. In Nantes, my sleeping bag was stolen, so, I rode to Bordeaux more direct in two days on an N road IIRC. Spent maybe a week in that area and then cross the southern part of the Pyrenees to the Cote D'Azur where I camped and sun bathed and swam before heading to Nice and going north over all the big Alp passes and then to Dijon for mustard and up to Reims for champagne. Train from there to Paris and flight home. Maybe 4 months? I could look at the old passport. But the slowest was the coast. I also took a ferry to an island, Ile de Brehat IIRC and spent several days there. I did not go into Brest. Don't like cycling big cities. Somehow skirted around it to landerau and then to a natural parc. It was a lot of time and no cycle computer back. I am looking at the Google map thinking how crazy that was.
Likes For GhostRider62: