View Single Post
Old 10-12-21, 03:34 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4997 Post(s)
Liked 8,165 Times in 3,862 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Speaking of Diamond Dogs-type... stuff... my wife has been having a frustrating time at work, recently, and she'll come downstairs to kvetch about this problem or that. I'm inclined to find ways of dealing with issues, whether they're technical or interpersonal, so I'll make suggestions like, "could you do this?" or "why not try that?"

To which I receive nothing but pushback - I can't do this, don't want to do that, etc, etc.

I think that I just need to fight my instincts and remember that she's not looking for solutions - she's looking for commiseration. I'll try to just shut my yap other than to say, "that sucks, honey - sorry to hear it. Would you like a glass of wine?"
100% accurate, in my experience. If she wants advice/input, she will ask for it. Otherwise, she just wants someone to listen to vent to...and get her wine.