Old 07-19-13, 08:30 AM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by proofpudding
Seattle Area:

On the hunt for large (61-63cm) frame for a friend. Have lots of potential frames / bikes to trade. Have a donor bike with full ultegra that I plan on using on the large frame when I find one. Would prefer steel, aluminum okay too -- titanium probably a bit much.

Possible bikes / frames to trade:

The current donor bike frame is a 58cm CAAD3 R1000. Bright orange looks brand new. Maybe a couple tiny nicks down around the BB. Slice carbon fork, full ultegra (that I plan on using, unless something comparable can be had on a large complete bike).

Trek composite 57/58 cm 2200. Full shimano 105. My current daily, everything in good working order / recently tuned. Aluminum fork, and stays, carbon composite tubes. Good riding bicycle, unique but I'm not married to it.

61 cm 1987 cannondale. Fully converted to modern components (ultegra). Paint fully stripped -- bare aluminum. Both carbon and steel fork. One dent on the top tube (thousands of miles have been ridden since the dent). This is a cool bike, turns lots of heads. Classic Cannondale, big tubes... super light, super stiff. Carbon fork + custom piece for the back brake bridge have converted it to fit 700c wheels. Has eyelets for fenders / racks too!

Bike boom steel.. Late 1960's early 1970s "Hermes" headbadge ~ 55 cm bike. Decal denotes "Hand made italian". Nice color, good paint. I could give it a whole lot of TLC but I won't until there is a use for it. Sat for a long time, most components are probably shot / need rebuilding. I would think of it as a frame. Could not find much info on these bikes. The headbadge is really cool though if you collect those.

Would prefer to deal locally... just want to get this bike built for my abnormally tall friend!

Pictures of anything upon request / I will post when I have a chance. Trade or looking to buy a big frame. Big Frame would hopefully be compatible with 700c wheels. I am willing to coldset steel to fit a cassette if necessary.

Thanks!
I have a got a BIG 83 Trek 560 frame/fork/headset in charcoal gray with dark red seat band. Paint is rough, bike was from Hawaii. Interested in the stripped 61 C'dale(frame only). I even have a set of 87 decals. I know, local only is preferred, and it will be a little while until I can afford the shipping.,,,,BD

http://www.vintage-trek.com/images/t...83/83Trek8.jpg

Last edited by Bikedued; 07-23-13 at 06:31 AM.